- Stock up on your summer reading at the 24th annual booksale at the Armstrong Spallumcheen Museum and Art Gallery at 3415 Pleasant Valley Road, Armstrong. On now until April 17th. 9AM to 6PM (4PM on Sunday).
- On Saturday, April 16th at 9:00 am, join the North Okanagan Naturalists’ Club for a Nature Walk around Birdie Lake at Predator Ridge. This is a great way to get out and enjoy nature with some fellow enthusiasts. Spring brings all sorts of wonderful flora and fauna to the area. Meet in the first parking lot after turning right off Predator Ridge Drive onto Village Centre Place. Optional coffee stop after.
- A true Okanagan highlight is to take the drive to Enderby and Lorenzo's Cafeto enjoy a night out, a great meal and excellent music. Blackberry Wood is travelling with their own live Circus Side Show and the jazz-gypsy-circus music will have your feet stomping and your toes wiggling. (It's said that hte Circus Side Show includes fire breathing!) Friday, April 22, $10 cover.
- Have you ever wanted to know more about the stars? Or perhaps how to take better pictures of them? If so, join the Vernon branch of the Royal Astronomical Society of Canada for their meeting on Wednesday, April 27th at 6:30pm for a visit from the National President James Edgar and a presentation by Shawn Berglund on Astrophotography. The meeting will be in the Heritage Hall on the corner next to the Okanagan Science Centre on the east side of Polson Park just off Highway 6.
- On April 30th and May 1st, head on down to the lake for the Annual VYC Boat Show at the Vernon Yacht Club. It's a Free Public Event with fun for the entire family! There will marine demos, boating accessories and hardware, Sailboat trips, face-painting and lots of activities for kids. The fastest boat in Canada, the McLellan F1 will be on display and vsitors have a chance at Raffles and Door Prizes from our many vendors. Please bring a non-perishable Food Item for the Salvation Army Food Bank, your contribution is a huge help to this great organization every year!
April 10, 2016
5 Ways to Enjoy This Spring in Vernon and Area
Categories:Lifestyle Tips for the Okanagan,Okanagan Community,Okanagan Homeowners,Okanagan Valley,Vernon & Area,Vernon Community Events