The Okanagan Valley is known for it's long, hot, sunny summers, and the spring is a reminder that these days are coming once again! Spring is also an excellent time to visit the Okanagan. If you have friends and family who like to spend some time here, or if you are thinking of buying a home in the Okanagan sometime in the future, come and check out some of the great activities going on this time of year.
The end of March offers a few exciting activities, with April bringing all sorts of things exciting events, celebrations and a activites. These are just a sample!
1) Start your garden off with a visit to Vernon Seedy Saturday on March 12th where you can get locally grown heirloom seeds, starter plants and garden supplies. It's also a great way to meet and network with other garden enthusiasts.
2) Celebrate St Patrick's Day on March 17th at the Vernon Craft Distilery with 3 green tipples! More info here.
3) Enjoy your Easter weekend by taking in the amazing Okanagan lake views with a ride on the Kettle Valley Steam Train on March 26th.
4) The outdoor Vernon Farmer's Market starts up again in April, so make sure to check it out and stock up on all the spring produce and local fare of the sunny Okangan.
5) The Okanagan Symphony Orchestra presents The Four Seasons being performed April 8th, 9th and 10th throughout the Okanagan.
6) Featuring Liala Biali, the BC Interior Jazz Festival is April 14th to 16th. An excellent weekend that you don't want to miss.
7) Take a trip down to Kelowna for the Jekyll & Hyde the Musical at Kelowna's Favourite Theatre Company between April 6th and 23rd.
This is just a few ideas of how to make the most of the Okanagan at this time of year. But don't forget the best option: get out and enjoy the fresh air and spring flowers at one of your favourite parks!